Sunday, March 31, 2019

Day by Day Nothing Changes, but When You Look Back Everything is Different

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back everything is different? This quote by C.S. Lewis is something that I think of quite often given the truth behind it. When we simply go through the motions of our daily life - following our routine, we can hardly distinguish one day from the next. When we look back at the past month or year though, so many things seem to have happened that we barely seemed to have noticed at the time. I am happy to say that this is the case for me.

So many wonderful things have happened in the past month and a half that it is almost unbelievable. In that short span of time I managed to graduate from university with distinction (one of only three people in my program!) and get a full-time, permanent position doing a job that I absolutely enjoy, and that is in my field of study. In today's job market, many people are forced to either go to school and study subjects that they aren't completely interested in to get a decent paying job, or study what they love only to realize that it is very difficult to get a job in that industry. 

I realize that this is not a long post, but I just wanted to share this good news and be mindful of the wonderful things that each day can bring!

1 comment: